Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate sponge cake. Chocolate Sponge Cake - Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled - this sponge cake recipe is the one to have. Find out my tips and tricks to perfect sponge cake every time. Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe & Video.
Want to get new recipe updates? This chocolate Italian sponge cake is quite fast and easy to prepare, once you understand exactly what you have to do. Italian sponge cake (Pan di Spagna) is used in desserts like cassata, zuppa. You can have Chocolate sponge cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate sponge cake
- You need 175 g of self raising flour.
- You need 175 g of caster sugar.
- It's 175 g of butter.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Jam.
- You need of Icing sugar.
Good Food reader Eve Scott shares this easy, foolproof recipe for chocolate sponge cake, perfect for a birthday, afternoon tea or. Chocolate sponge cake - Light, fluffy & soft chocolate sponge cake that makes a good base for decorated or frosted cakes. Sponge cakes are usually made of eggs, fats, flour & sugar. Mary Berry's moist chocolate sponge cake with rich ganache icing is super easy and deliciously naughty.
Chocolate sponge cake step by step
- Pre heat oven to 170oC.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk together until all combined.
- Grease two 20cm cake tins and cut grease proof paper in the bottom (I draw round the tins and cut out the circle of paper). Put half of the mixture in each. Use scales to make sure the cakes are even weight.
- Cook for 30mins. Leave to cool for 1 min then turn out into wire rack to cool.
- When cool, spread jam on one half and put together in a sandwich. Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
Make a birthday special with Mary Berry's chocolatiest of chocolate sponge cakes. Decorate with a quick, rich chocolate buttercream and top with heaps of fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries. A simple yet festive chocolate cake you can use for birthdays or just serve as a luxurious after-dinner A luscious and versatile chocolate sponge — although just another variation on the Victoria. recipes. Every baker needs a classic sponge cake recipe on hand and this chocolate one is a fine one to Set another cake layer on top, and repeat process with remaining simple syrup, frosting, and cake layers. Check out our quick and easy chocolate sponge recipe, using a super simple, all-in-one method.