Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Greek Sponge Cake. moist greek sponge cake made using pancake MIX! I wanted to celebrate this event with of course one of my favorite desserts, this is a greek sponge. Try this Greek Sponge Cake (Pantespani) recipe, or contribute your own.
Using this basic recipe you can make birthday cakes but also many other desserts. Pantespani, is one of my favourite kind of cakes. Pour warm syrup over the cake. You can have Greek Sponge Cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Sponge Cake
- Prepare 5 of Eggs.
- It's 200 ml of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of Lemon Zest.
- You need 225 grams of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare 225 grams of Caster Sugar.
- It's 200 grams of Semolina.
- You need 150 grams of Plain Flour.
- It's 75 grams of Ground Almonds.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Juice of Lemon.
- Prepare 50 ml of Honey.
Cut into squares or possibly diamon-shaped pcs. Add in orange curacao or possibly orange. There is nothing more delightful than a light and fluffy Greek lemon sponge cake (Ravani) with a dollop of natural Greek yoghurt or vanilla bean ice-cream on the side to satisfy a sweet tooth! Home » Greek Recipes » Greek Dessert Recipes » Sponge Cake Baklava Recipe (Greek Style Me and my ring cake pan, took our relationship to a whole new level as we seem to create a lot of crazy.
Greek Sponge Cake step by step
- Pre heat oven @ gas mark 5 or 180c. Put the lemon (now zested) and the honey to one side to make the syrup topping later..
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth & creamy..
- Add to a medium ceramic or glass baking dish (around 20 by 30 cm), rather than a cake tin..
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until to top have risen slightly in the centre and the colour is light golden brown..
- Leave to cool for an hour..
- With a sharp knife, poke lots of hole in the top of the cake, ready to add the lemon and honey..
- Add the lemon juice and honey in a small pan and heat until the honey has melted with the lemon into a warm liquid. Take a tea spoon and add this to the cake top to give a glaze which will seep into the sponge..
- Leave for another hour before eating so that the syrup can seep into the sponge..
Is a sponge cake soaked in a mixture of three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and. Keywords: Greek cake, greek vanilla and cocoa sponge cake, Victoria sponge. All star honey cake, prepared Greek Does it seem too daunting to bake a chiffon cake? You may have experienced unpleasant failures. I wanted to use a nearly full tub of Greek yoghurt we had left in the fridge so used it in a sponge cake - the result was by far the best sponge cake we had ever made!