Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Vanilla sponge cake. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Butter Cake. Vanilla, or plain, sponge cake is a standard baking item for any baker who loves making cakes. The traditional sponge uses plain or all-purpose flour with a lot of beating to ensure the rising.
Top the layers with whipped cream and fresh strawberries for a perfect summer dessert! A delicious, light vanilla sponge birthday cake recipe. Quick and simple to make and perfect for decorating to make a birthday really special. You can cook Vanilla sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vanilla sponge cake
- You need 2 1/2 C of All purpose Flour.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 C of sugar.
- You need 1 C of buttermilk (1C milk+1tbsp vinegar/lemon).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
Use a knife, loosen the sides of the cakes and carefully turn them out onto wire racks. Nithi's. rich vanilla sponge cake is made with minimum and basic ingredients that are somehow available in every well maintained Indian household pantry! This Indian style vanilla sponge cake is not only. Vanilla sponge cake roll is light, moist & filled with an easy mascarpone whipped cream.
Vanilla sponge cake step by step
- Dust your 8 inch pan with butter and flour and turn your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix sifted flour and baking powder(is using unsalted butter,add 1tsp salt at this stage).
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 1minute with a hand held mixer.
- Beat in your eggs one at a time.mix until well blended in.
- Add in your vanilla.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon,fold in your dry ingredients while adding milk bit by bit.
- Gold in gently but slowly until well mixed and milk is done.
- Pour batter in your prepared pan(some say for a flat topped cake you freeze your tins before adding batter,others say your wrap your tin with a wet towel and others using te Wilton baking strips,find whichever works for you..either way..with or without,cake will still come out yummy 😁).
- Bake at the middle rack for 40-45minutes and a skewer/tester comes out clean.Remove from oven and let cool in the tin for 5minutes before removing from the tin and wrapping in foil..
- For less sugared cake use 2/3rd sugar.
- Decorate as desired and feel free to fill with my blueberry filling(check recipe from my recipes).
- Enjoy..Definately with friends😁.
It makes the perfect dessert for a shower or party. Best of all Vanilla Sponge cake is one of the most basic cake recipes. Made from staple ingredients found in our kitchen, this cake is extremely easy to make. Vanilla Sponge Cake - light, airy, fluffy, eggy, not-too-sweet cake with ah-mazing vanilla flavor. This Vanilla Sponge Cake is made without butter or oil.