Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Castella Sponge Cake.
You can have Castella Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Castella Sponge Cake
- Prepare 3 large of size Eggs.
- It's 125 grams of Sugar.
- It's 40 grams of Honey.
- You need 25 grams of Milk.
- It's 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
Castella Sponge Cake instructions
- Prepare the ingredients and bowls. For a mold, use an empty box or a milk carton covered with aluminium foil..
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Whisk with a handheld mixer for 10 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, it should look like this..
- After 10 minutes, the batter should be 3 times smoother..
- Heat honey and milk in a 600W microwave for 20-30 seconds. Add to the batter and continue mixing..
- Sift the flour, and add to the batter in 2-3 batches and mix..
- Stir well until the lumps disappear. The batter should be thick enough to form ribbons..
- Pour the batter into a mold. Drop the mold lightly on the counter to release any air pockets from the batter..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 355°F/180℃ for 10 minutes, then bake for another 40-50 minutes at 320°F/160℃..
- Once baked, lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top of a sheet of newspaper, flip the castella over onto the wrap, and set aside to cool. This will flatten the surface..
- It's done..