Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Victoria Sponge Cake.
You can have Victoria Sponge Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- It's 3/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temp.
- You need 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 of raspberry jam.
- It's 1 of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powder sugar.
Victoria Sponge Cake instructions
- preheat oven to 180.C or 350.F.
- cream butter and sugar together.
- beat eggs and slowly add to mixture.
- slowly add flour, baking powder and salt and fold in to mix.
- add milk and vanilla into mix.
- use spatula to divide batter between two pans and smooth top.
- place on middle shelf in oven for 20-25 mins until golden and top springs back when pressed lightly.
- allow to cool for at least 10 mins before moving to wire rack.
- whip cream until stiff and apply to one side and jam on other piece.
- sandwich the two layers and sprinkle powder sugar on top.