Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Sponge cake. Bake a cake for an afternoon tea or coffee morning. We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages.
It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise). Once you have this recipe down (you'll memorize. Vanilla Sponge Cake Best Recipe Ever You can have Sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge cake
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It's 3/4 of sugar.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- You need 150 g of margarine.
- It's 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 2 table spoon of Baking powder.
Opera cake French Chocolate sponge cake with TV Chef Julien from Saveurs Dartmouth UK. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. No chemical leavener, just air that is beaten into the eggs.
Sponge cake instructions
- Preheat the oven 180° for 20 minutes.
- Melt margarine in the microwave.
- Boil milk and mix with margarine.
- Beat 3 eggs with sugar until white as you add water..
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture into the eggs solution.mix at least 25 times as you add little by little flour.
- Add the margarine and milk mixture into the mixed ingredients until smooth.
- Oil the baking tin and put the mixture into it..
- Then put it in the oven oven 180°baking time 30 mins.
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. American Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. Take a basic sponge cake recipe to the next level with these When it comes to tea-time, a sponge cake recipe is the best way to go! The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart.