Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Rice Cooker Sponge Cake.
You can cook Rice Cooker Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Cooker Sponge Cake
- You need 3 of Eggs *separated yolks and whites.
- Prepare 90 g (100 ml) of Caster Sugar.
- It's 90 g (150 ml) of Self-Raising Flour.
- It's 20 g of Butter *melted.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla.
Rice Cooker Sponge Cake step by step
- *I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter.
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper. *Note: If your inner pot is in a good state, baking paper would be unnecessary..
- Whisk Egg Whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add Caster Sugar gradually, whisking for a few minutes until firm peaks form. Then add Egg Yolks and whisk until well combined. *Note: You can beat Egg Whites, Yolks and Sugar all together until very thick..
- Gradually sift Flour over the egg mixture while folding in with a large spoon, then add melted Butter and Vanilla, mix until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot and press ‘Start’ button at ‘Cake’ setting..
- Turn out on the wire rack. Carefully peel away baking paper, then leave to cool..
- *Note: Top of the cake cannot be browned, but it looks fine upside-down. It took 40 minutes for my rice cooker to cook, but I could have taken it out a little bit earlier. This is absolutely the easiest & energy-efficient way to cook a sponge cake. You even don’t need a cake tin. Once you decorate it with cream or frosting, very few people would notice the cake is cooked in the rice cooker..