Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Sponge cake. Bake a cake for an afternoon tea or coffee morning. We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages.
It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise). Once you have this recipe down (you'll memorize. Vanilla Sponge Cake Best Recipe Ever You can have Sponge cake using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sponge cake
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- It's 4 of egg yolks.
- It's 3/4 of sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of APflour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It's of I/2 tsp vanilla extract.
Opera cake French Chocolate sponge cake with TV Chef Julien from Saveurs Dartmouth UK. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. No chemical leavener, just air that is beaten into the eggs.
Sponge cake step by step
- Whisk the egg whites and gradually add in the sugar while whisking until you obtain a white fluffy creamy texture(an ice cream texture is what you get). At this point you can add in the vanilla extract (N:B any flavour of your choice) and whisk some more..
- Fold in the egg yolks in the whisked egg whites..
- Fold in the flour and nutmeg into the creamy mixture. Don't overwork the batter and pour into a greased pan and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. American Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. Take a basic sponge cake recipe to the next level with these When it comes to tea-time, a sponge cake recipe is the best way to go! The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart.