Delicious, fresh and tasty.
White Chocolate Sponge Cake. I keep saying I am not the biggest fan of white chocolate yet it consistently features on my blog ! Chocolate Sponge Cake - Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled - this sponge cake recipe is the one to have as it works every time. How to make the Chocolate Sponge Cake.
Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. This explanation tells us how important technique is and that once you have perfected the beating of the yolks and whites to full volume and then are able to add the two together without deflating the batter, you will produce a. Cardamom with white chocolate is a surprisingly good combination in a sponge cake. You can have White Chocolate Sponge Cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Prepare 400 g of white chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 300 g of unsalted butter, cut into 1cm pieces.
- You need 300 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups (330 g) of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten.
- It's 3 cups (450 g) of plain flour.
- It's 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of For the icing.
- It's 250 g of butter softened.
- It's 3 cups of icing sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of milk.
Slice each cake in half horizontally to give four thin sponges. Sandwich together with the icing and arrange on a cake stand so you have four layers of cake and three layers of icing, leaving the top of the cake plain. Set one cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Spoon half the icing onto the cake and top with the other cake.
White Chocolate Sponge Cake instructions
- 1 Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line two 20cm round cake pans. Note: this recipe makes 2 cakes.
- 2 Place chocolate, butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool completely..
- 3 Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined. Sift in the flour and baking powder, then stir until just combined. Divide mixture evenly between cake pans and tap pans gently on a flat surface to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the cakes in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- To assemble place cakes on top of one an other then, then beat the butter in a bowl with electric mixer until it's as white as possible. Then gradually beat in icing sugar and milk. It's best to ice the cake frozen so it doesn't crumble, if u want out jam in the middle..
Place sponge cake layer in bottom of a. aside. Place the chocolate, broken into pieces, into. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding. borders with whipped cream. Line spring pan cake mold with one sponge layer on the bottom and. double boiler, melt chocolate, add water and then . This classic chocolate sponge cake recipe is so easy to make and just perfect for sharing.