Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita).
You can cook Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita)
- You need of Syrup:.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It's 250 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of Cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cognac (optional).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Vanilla powder extract or liquid.
- Prepare of Sprinkles (optional).
- You need of Cake batter:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of All purpose flour.
- It's 4 of Eggs.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita) step by step
- In a large sauce pan melt butter, sugar, cocoa, water..
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking power, salt and eggs. Beat nicely and set aside..
- Before pouring syrup into the batter, set aside 1 small cup of syrup. Pour syrup very slowly and mix..
- Stir cake batter and add in the Vanilla extract..
- Pour in Cognac. Pour batter into a buttered baking pan, and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees..
- This cake will not rise like the normal sponge cake, this is a bit flatter, buttt two pieces one on top of the other will absolutely do the trick, as you can see in the picture. 🙂 The cup of syrup that was set aside you can use to pour onto each piece as an added addition, I added sprinkles on this piece 🙂 Hope you enjoy this recipe!!! Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.