Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Old school sponge cake 👌. A nice sponge cake to enjoy with your family or friends and if you like my videos my sure to hit that like button and subscribe :). Get your retro baking hat on with our collection of old school sponges, traybakes and fairy cakes. These childhood favourites are perfect for a bake sale or These childhood favourites are perfect for a bake sale or afternoon tea.
I made this cake the first time as part of fulfilling my promise to make all the cakes which feature in my first novel, Art and Soul which is out now! If you like reading uplifting contemporary romance, you can get your own copy on Amazon. The Best Old Fashioned Sponge Cake - A basic yet versatile sponge cake recipe that become the basis for many different desserts, trifles or dessert cakes. You can have Old school sponge cake 👌 using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old school sponge cake 👌
- Prepare 225 g of self raising flour.
- It's 225 g of soft butter.
- Prepare 225 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanillia exstract.
- Prepare of Icing sugar.
- Prepare of Sprinkle bits for decor.
Collection or local delivery options available. A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. Sift the flour into a small bowl and set it aside. Fluffy sponge cake smothered in jam and sprinkled with dessicated coconut: a classic from the old school canteen.
Old school sponge cake 👌 step by step
- Sive flour with sugar into bowl add butter and 4 eggs use eletric whisk start off slow then full speed then add vanilla then bake for 20-25 in oven.
- For the icing make it thick if u dont want it run over the sides and add 1/2 tsp vanilla estract and set a side till cake is cooled the decorate with what ever topping you desire then chill in the fridge 1hr then serve on its own or with custard 👌.
Another old school classic I've been meaning to make for ages. This school jam and coconut sponge cake is made using a basic sponge mix with some jam and. Chocolate Sponge Cake - Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled - this sponge cake recipe is the one to have as it works every time. How to make the Chocolate Sponge Cake. Prep: Gather your ingredients and measure them before starting.