Delicious, fresh and tasty.
You can have Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- It's 2 of Egg.
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- It's 50 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 12 grams of Butter.
- You need 8 grams of Milk.
Sponge Cake step by step
- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and mix well with a whisk..
- Heat the bowl from Step 1 in a double boiler. Stir the mixture with the whisk until it's warm to the touch..
- Please patiently whip the mixture after it has warmed. Of course, you can also use a hand mixer..
- Place the butter and milk in a bowl and put it in the double boiler to melt the butter. Set the bowl aside..
- The egg and sugar mixture is done when you scoop up some of it, let it fall, and the shape remains. When it falls down like a ribbon, it's ready..
- After having beating the ingredients together in Step 1, stir in a circular motion using a whisk. Doing this will reduce foam in the batter..
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix in with a cutting motion. Since most of the air bubbles haven't been eliminated by this point, mix in the dry ingredients very well to make sure that no powder remains..
- Use a spatula to gently mix the melted butter from Step 4 before adding it to Step 7. Pour it in evenly around the whole bowl rather than adding it all in one place..
- Mix the ingredients together in big motions using the spatula. Without over mixing, make purposeful scooping motions from the bottom of the bowl..
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper. First, line the sides of the cake pan with the paper, then cover the bottom. Don't line the paper all the way to the bottom of the pan, it can just be lined up approximately..
- Pour the batter from Step 9 into the pan from Step 10, then drop the pan lightly on the counter 2 or 3 times. This will get rid of any excess air trapped in the batter..
- Bake the cake at 160°C for about 20 minutes..
- Pierce the cake diagonally with a wooden skewer, and if it comes out clean, the cake is done. It can also be checked by lightly hitting the side of the pan to see if it makes a "pom-pom" sound..
- Because the parchment paper covering the sides of the cake pan will start to draw in towards the middle if baked for too long, remove the cake from the oven before that happens..
- After baking the cake, tap the pan on the counter 2 or 3 times like you did before baking..
- After removing the cake from the pan, let it rest on a wire rack and it's done!.