Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake. Bake a classic lemon drizzle cake with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Find more cake recipes at BBC Good Food. While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix together the lemons juice and caster sugar to make the drizzle.
The icing is made from blueberry conserve, which is why it has a lovely, pastel colour. Nigella Lawson serves this simple but elegant cake when entertaining. She says, "This is one of my most relaxing go-to desserts. You can have Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake
- You need 200 g of softened butter.
- It's 200 g of caster sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 250 g of plain flour.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of Juice and zest of 1 and half lemon.
- Prepare of Soft Blueberry jam.
- You need 400 g of fresh blueberries.
- It's 100 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Lemon glaze.
- You need 300 g of icing sugar.
- It's Half of lemon juice and zest.
I make it so often and it's always a jubilant success: extraordinarily light, sprightly with lemon and scented with coconut, with a. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Let compote sit until you are ready to serve. They have been a huge hit with everyone who has tried them.
Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 C (160 c fan). Grease and flour a cake tin or line with paper case. Sieve flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and set aside..
- Cream butter and sugar with electronic hand mixture in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy..
- Add the eggs one at the time and continue beat it until it smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and mix well..
- In a small saucepan, heat up blueberries, icing sugar until sugar dissolved. Turn the heat of and leave it to cook down..
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin up until half way through then add some blueberry jam in. Use a fork or bbq skewer to swirl the blueberry jam around the top up with the rest of the cake mixture..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. You can test if your cake cooked through by put a wooden skewer right in the middle of the cake and if they cooked the wooden skewer will come out dry..
- Make a glaze, mixing icing sugar with lemon juice. You will have to check your icing mixture as it needs to be a very think consistency. If it’s too runny you can add some more icing sugar in..
- When the cake is totally cool, drizzle the lemon icing over it and sprinkle some lemon zest on top..
The pancakes themselves are not sweet, the blueberry and lemon compote add a bright. Try our gorgeous lemon and blueberry drizzle cake! This citrus infused masterpiece is to die for, with it's soft sponge and fruity flavours. This lovely citrusy cake is packed with blueberries and makes a lovely cake for afternoon tea, or can even be served warm with cream for dessert. A scoop of ice cream or sorbet, fruit compote and-or lemon curd are all wonderful alongside.