Delicious, fresh and tasty.
You can have Sponge Cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole Milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of Butter-salted.
- It's 2 cup of Flour all purpose.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. If using hand mixer you may have to beat longer. Goal is to put air into it to make it light and fluffy..
- Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined..
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix..
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Do not make too hot. Add to batter, beat just until combined..
- Pour into greased and floured bunt cake pan..
- Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, About 40-45 mins depending on your oven. Be sure not to deflate the cake when checking on doneness..
- Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely..
- After cooled dust with 10x sugar..