Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Raspberry sponge cake. A Victoria Sponge cake is true Britsh classic, right at the heart of our baking history and the A classic raspberry Victoria sponge with layers of golden fluffy cake, fruity raspberry jam, vanilla whipped. Raspberry roll cake - vanilla sponge roll cake filled with fresh raspberries, raspberry preserves, and vanilla whipped cream. This light summer dessert is a family favorite.
Who can resist a cake made with fresh raspberries? TOP of Raspberry Sponge Cake Recipe. Pudding filled cupcakes with ice cream. You can cook Raspberry sponge cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Raspberry sponge cake
- It's 280 g of softened butter.
- You need 280 g of caster sugar.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- You need 280 g of ground almonds.
- You need 280 g of self raising flour.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 6 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 300 g of fresh raspberries.
- It's of Seedless raspberry jam.
- Prepare of Buttercream.
- You need 140 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of softened butter.
- It's of Vanilla extract.
Piece of Layered Vanilla, Raspberry, Peach Mousse Cake, covered with colored velvet spray. This Sponge Cake is light and airy and is filled with a delicious raspberry whipped cream. When a Sponge Cake is baked in a sheet pan and then rolled around a filling, it is called a Jelly Roll (for the. Sponge cake with raspberries turns out to be very tender, tasty and airy.
Raspberry sponge cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°c fan..
- Line two 20cm cake tins with greaseproof paper. Loose bottom tins if possible..
- Put the butter and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy..
- Add the eggs to the bowl and whisk until fully combined, being sure not to over whisk. Then add 1 tsp vanilla extract and whisk again..
- Add the ground almonds to the bowl and gently fold them into the mixture with a spoon until fully combined..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and again fold with a spoon until fully combined. The mixture will be very thick at this point, don't worry..
- Add the milk to the bowl and fold into the mixture gently..
- Wash the raspberries, chop them into small pieces and put them in a small bowl. Add 1 heaped tbsp self raising flour and mix until combined..
- Add the raspberries to the bowl and fold into the mixture. The mixture should be fully light pink with no yellow mixture left..
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins. Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Check if it's cooked by inserting a knife into the cakes, if it comes out with just raspberry juice but no batter then it's cooked. The cake should also spring back when lightly pressed..
- Take the cakes out of the tins. Turn them out onto a plate and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack..
- While the cakes are cooling make the buttercream. Simply whisk together the butter and icing sugar until thick and creamy. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and whisk again. Set aside until the cakes are cool, don't put it into the fridge or the butter will set and it will be very hard to spread..
- Put one cake onto a plate. Spread the buttercream over that cake and then spread your desired amount of jam over the buttercream. Place the other cake on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve..
It is not too difficult to prepare it, it will perfectly decorate any holiday table or simply diversify family tea drinking. This sponge cake uses Delia's all-in-one method. Place the second sponge cake on top. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages. Flour, eggs, fat and sugar are combined and baked to form a light.