Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Vanilla Sponge Cake.
You can cook Vanilla Sponge Cake using 10 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Sponge Cake
- It's 3/4 Cup of butter room temperature.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 3 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of maida / plain flour.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Warm Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
Vanilla Sponge Cake step by step
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ¾ cup butter and 1½ cup sugar..
- Add flour, salt, sugar, yeast, milk to the mixing bowl of the stand mixer..
- Attach the dough hook and turn the mixer on to medium speed and mix until flour is incorporated. Increase the speed and allow the the hook to knead for two more minutes..
- Beat well until the sugar and butter turn creamy and soft..
- Now add 2 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract..
- Add the softened butter to the dough and knead for another 2 minutes until well incorporated..
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined..
- If the dough is a little too sticky, add additional flour as necessary - may be 2 - 3 tbsp flour at a time. The dough should be soft and pull away from the edge of the mixing bowl..
- Further, place a sieve and add 3 cup maida, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ¼ tsp salt sieve the flour making sure there are no lumps present..
- Alternatively to knead by hand, add all the ingredients in a bowl and knead until soft. This can take up to 20 minutes..
- Mix well until the batter is a smooth consistency..
- Transfer the cake batter into the square cake mould..
- Grease a large bowl and transfer the kneaded dough to the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or samp towel. Allow the it rise for 1 hour at room temperature or until it doubles the size..
- Place the cake tray into the preheated oven. bake the cake at 180 degree celsius or 356 degrees fahrenheit for 40 minutes..
- Remove the plastic wrap. Deflate the dough by punching down lightly..
- Enjoy eggless sponge cake as it is..
- Grease the Inner Pot of the Instant Pot with butter/ oil..
- Place the dough in the greased pot. Close the lid and leave the knob in venting..
- Open the lid to see the raised dinner roll dough..
- Deflate the dough by punching down lightly..
- Pinch pieces of the dough and Divide them into 12 equal sized portions. Roll and shape to smooth top for each of the portion..
- Transfer all the rolls to a greased baking sheet. Cover with soft towel or plastic and allow for a second rise. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes - 45 minutes depending upon the weather and altitude..
- Brush the rolls with milk or wash..
- Preheat oven to 200 C..
- Position the Tray into the lower shelf of the oven and bake the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked through or until the top is golden brown..
- If the rolls are getting a bit brown, cover them with a foil sheet and continue to cook..
- Remove the rolls from the oven and brush the hot rolls with melted butter..
- Serve them immediately or store up to 3 days in an airtight container..