Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Easy sponge cake. How to make a sponge cake. Simple Yellow Sponge Cake - foolproof recipe for a fluffy, delicious Yellow Cake that rises evenly and has a uniform crumb. It can be used for cakes and cupcakes.
This Easy Sponge Cake recipe is delicious and quick to make. My light and moist vanilla sponge cake is super versatile. It can be used to make layered birthday cakes, strawberry shortcakes, trifles. You can have Easy sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy sponge cake
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
This delicious Easy Sponge Cake recipe really is the best! I include lots of tips for how to achieve a light fluffy Sponge. There are many variations on sponge cakes, this is just the one I like to make. This sponge cake can be jazzed up with whipped cream and seasonal fruit, or with your favourite jam or fruit curd.
Easy sponge cake instructions
- In a large bowl, crack eggs and whisk as much as you can, add powdered sugar, mix well. Add flour, baking powder, salt and mix.
- Add melted butter and mix until smooth batter is formed. Add vanilla essence, mix the whole batter without any lumps.
- Bake in pre-heated oven. Bon appetit 😋.
There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil. Check my tips to make it perfect! Looking for an easy victoria sponge recipe? This traditional sponge cake uses an all-in-one method making it super quick, easy and the perfect party cake. Once you master this, bake sales and.