Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon blueberry cake. Sunshine-sweet lemon blueberry layer cake dotted with juicy berries and topped with lush cream cheese frosting. The only cake you need all spring. This blueberry cake is one of our all-time spring and summer favorites.
Then it's topped with cream cheese frosting that has just a hint of lemon. This lemon blueberry cake is a cake for all seasons and all events. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is tangy, sweet, super moist, and creamy. You can have Lemon blueberry cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon blueberry cake
- It's of Baking.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of blueberries.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 1 cup of cream or unsweet yogurt.
It comes with soft lemon cake layers, a sweet blueberry filling, and an ultra creamy lemon cream cheese frosting. This lemon blueberry cake is like no other cake you have tasted. The lemon cake has a soft, velvety and fluffy texture and beautiful natural lemon flavor which is balanced out by those sweet blueberries. Ricotta cheese in a pound cake?
Lemon blueberry cake step by step
- preheat oven at 175°F celcius (350 farenheit).
- In 1 bowl, mix flour, lemon zest, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a 2nd bowl, mix sugar and butter.
- Slowly add eggs and egg yolks while mixing.
- Then slowly add cream (or yogurt) and what's in the 1st bowl to the 2nd bowl until completely mixed.
- finally add the lemon juice and blueberries and keep mixing.
- Put the mixture in the cake pan and heat for 20 minutes.
- (optional) When done cooking, add the lemon slices dipped in honey on the top of the cake.
This Lemon Blueberry Cake is extra lemony thanks to the lemon juice, zest, and extract in the batter and frosting. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. A moist lemon bundt cake filled with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet lemon glaze. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is another one that's been a long time in the making — I just never got around to it.