Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon blueberry cake. Sunshine-sweet lemon blueberry layer cake dotted with juicy berries and topped with lush cream cheese frosting. The only cake you need all spring. This blueberry cake is one of our all-time spring and summer favorites.
Then it's topped with cream cheese frosting that has just a hint of lemon. This lemon blueberry cake is a cake for all seasons and all events. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is tangy, sweet, super moist, and creamy. You can have Lemon blueberry cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon blueberry cake
- It's 500 gms of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 270 gms of margarine/butter.
- It's 280 gms of sugar.
- You need 2 of teaapoons baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 cups of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries.
- It's 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of For icing.
- You need of I cup whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of blueberry jam.
- You need 1/4 cup of strawberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole blueberries.
- Prepare of White chocolate ganache (coloured blue).
It comes with soft lemon cake layers, a sweet blueberry filling, and an ultra creamy lemon cream cheese frosting. This lemon blueberry cake is like no other cake you have tasted. The lemon cake has a soft, velvety and fluffy texture and beautiful natural lemon flavor which is balanced out by those sweet blueberries. Ricotta cheese in a pound cake?
Lemon blueberry cake step by step
- Preheat the oven, grease the baking tin then sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Wash the blueberries. And toss them in the flour. Then set aside.
- In another bowl add the margarine and sugar. Then beat with a mixer till pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one and continue mixing.
- Add in the vanilla essence and lemon zest and mix.
- Fold in the flour bit by bit while alternating with lemon juice till batter is formed.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter in the baking tin.
- Bake at 170°C for 50-55 mins. Or until when a skewer is inserted in the cake comea out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool. Meanwhile whip the cream until its stiff.
- Divide the cooled cake into two.
- Using a piping bag. Apply the whipping cream leaving space in the middle. Pour the blueberry jam in the middle.
- Place the other half of cake and decorate as desires using the strawberries, ganache and blueberries.
This Lemon Blueberry Cake is extra lemony thanks to the lemon juice, zest, and extract in the batter and frosting. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. A moist lemon bundt cake filled with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet lemon glaze. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is another one that's been a long time in the making — I just never got around to it.