Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Coffee Pandan Layer Cake.
You can cook Coffee Pandan Layer Cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Pandan Layer Cake
- You need 10 of eggs.
- Prepare 500 g of Pure Butter.
- Prepare 300 g of Hong Kong flour/ Cake flour (sifted).
- You need 150 g of castor sugar.
- You need 100 g of Horlicks /Malted Drink Powder.
- Prepare 150 g of Coconut Jam / Serikaya (easily available from Asian Market or you can make it at home. Recipe for Seri kaya coming soon).
- You need 300 g of Condensed Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ovalette.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence/Extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pandan Paste (available in Asian Grocery).
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with 1 tbsp of coffee (mixed in some hot water - 2 or 3 tbsp).
Coffee Pandan Layer Cake instructions
- Whip eggs, castor sugar & Ovalette till foamy..
- Using different bowl, Beat butter & condensed milk till light & fluffy..
- Combine well step 1 & step 2 until well mixed..
- Next, add coconut jam (seri kaya) & Horlicks. Continue mixing..
- Fold in sifted flour. Beat again till well mixed..
- Divide this batter equally into 3 portions. First one : plain. Second : Vanilla Essence/Extract. Third: mixture of cocoa powder & coffee..
- Preheat oven. Use 8’ x 8’ lightly buttered square cake pan..
- First layer - 6 tbsp of coffee cocoa batter. Level the thin batter evenly. Bake using the top / upper heat at 160 for 10mins (check your oven temperature. Adjust accordingly). Your layer should be slightly brown before adding another layer of the same batter. Do the same thing with two other portion of pandan & plain batter..