Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pandan Chiffon Cake.
You can have Pandan Chiffon Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pandan Chiffon Cake
- It's 6 of eggs separated min 56g.
- It's 1 of egg white (optional).
- Prepare 250 gr of plain flour.
- It's 200 gr of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 220 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 120 ml of veg/rice bran/grape seed oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pandan extract.
- You need 100 gr of extra sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
Pandan Chiffon Cake step by step
- Mix dry ingredients- flour, sugar, BP, salt (leave the 100 gr sugar for later)..
- Mix all the liquids (coconut milk, oil and pandan).
- Separate eggs into 2 bowls. Heat up the oven to 160 deg C (mine is really hot). The original recipe calls for 180 deg C..
- Beat egg yolks and then pour the liquid mix using hand whisk until combined..
- Beat 7 egg whites with vinegar until bubbly. Add 100 sugar gradually until soft peak..
- Fold egg whites to the pandan batter in batches..
- Bake in an ungreased tube pan for 60-65 minutes. Note: Within about 20 minutes cake looks ready but actually not so leave it until at least 60 minutes..
- Tip the pan once it’s done and leave it until completely cool. This is to stop the cake from collapsing and make the cake stays tall..
- Use spatula to remove the cake from the pan. Cut and enjoy with your favourite tea or coffe..