Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pandan Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Pandan Chiffon Cake using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pandan Chiffon Cake
- It's 6 of egg yolks.
- It's 50 g of castor sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of corn oil / cooking oil.
- You need 4 of young pandan leaves, rinse thoroughly and drain, chop roughly.
- Prepare 150 ml of fresh coconut milk, blend with chopped pandan leaves, discard pandan pulp to yield 130ml green milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 130 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 30 g of corn flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of sift with both types of flour and salt.
- It's 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 100 g of castor sugar.
Pandan Chiffon Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 170C..
- Beat the egg yolks with a balloon whisk and mix in 20 grams of sugar. Add coconut milk, pandan juice, and one drop of green colouring (if desired). Combine well. Add in cake flour mixed with baking powder and salt in three batches into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well. Lastly, add cooking oil. Set aside..
- Use a large clean bowl, make sure there is no water or oil in it. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add in the 100 grams of sugar in three batches, about one-third at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form..
- Spoon out 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and fold into the egg mixture. Lightly fold in the rest of the beaten egg whites with a spatula, until just combined..
- Pour into the cake pan and bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, to know whether your cake is cooked through, a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake..
- Remove cake from the oven. invert the pan immediately. Allow it to cool completely..