Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Blueberry Lemon Cake.
You can cook Blueberry Lemon Cake using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Lemon Cake
- It's For of Cake batter:-.
- You need 2 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It's 1 cup of Heavy whipped cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of Canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Lemon jest.
- It's 1 tsp of Fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare For of Blueberry compote:-.
- It's 1 cup of Fresh blueberries.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice(optional).
- You need For of Blueberry Mixture:-.
- It's 1/2 cup of Blueberry.
- It's 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- It's For of whipped cream:-.
- You need 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar(Depends on the sweetness of the blueberry compote. You can add more or less as per your choice).
Blueberry Lemon Cake instructions
- Beat eggs and sugar at high speed until the mixture is thick and light in colour. Mix the Heavy whipped cream, canola oil, vanilla essence and salt at low speed until just combined. Take another bowl and whisk all-purpose flour and baking powder. Mix this dry ingredients mixture 1/3rd at a time to the liquid mixture until it incorporates well. Add fresh lemon jest and lemon juice. Stir this together..
- Grind the fresh blueberries with the sugar and create the mixture which we will add in our cake batter to give it the taste of the fresh blueberries. We will not use any other essence to it..
- To create the blueberry compote, take a saucepan. Add the blueberries, sugar and water. Switch on the flame. Cook this till the blueberries bursts in the pan and the mixture becomes thick after cooked in the sugar syrup. At this stage add the lemon juice. Mix well. Blueberry compote is ready. Just keep it aside to completely cool down..
- Grease your 9-inch springform pan. Put a parchment paper then pour half of the cake batter and then the blueberry mixture then repeat the layers of it. Then with a skewer just make some design on the top. Now bake the cake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 55 mins or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without any wet batter. You can enjoy this cake as it is without any cream. It tastes awesome..
- Beat the cream until soft peaks arise. Then slowly add the powdered sugar to the cream. Mix it properly. Add little blueberry compote to the 1/3rd of the whipped cream to give it a good berry colour. Mix it properly and the cream(plain whipped cream and the cream with berry colour is ready)..
- Cut the cake in desired layers. Here I cut it in 2 layers. Then scrape the top of the cake slightly to give it a even surface. This cake is so moist so you do not need to add sugar syrup on layers. You can directly apply the plain whipped cream on the layers of the cake and decorate it as per your choice. As we have added the fresh fruit pulp to the cream, the freshness of the cake enhanced. Here i have used the berry colour cream to give it a contrast..
- Here I have also drizzled the berry compote on the top of the cake to decorate it. Also drizzled some more compote on the slice of cake before serving. I just love the colour of this compote. You also give it a try. I am sure. You will love it..