Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing. Keywords: easy chocolate cake recipe, best chocolate cake recipe, chocolate sheet cake, birthday cake recipe, chocolate frosting. I've been looking for a moist chocolate cake recipe for a while now and I'm so pleased that I came across this recipe. I made the recipe exactly as directed and it came.
This easy chocolate sheet cake is moist, fudgy, and way better than any box mix. Top it with chocolate frosting, and you've got yourself a show stopper. It's made with simple, everyday ingredients - so it's easy to whip up in no time. You can have Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing
- You need 2 cup of Granulated sugar-Cake.
- You need 4 tbsp of Heaping choc Cocoa-Cake.
- It's 2 of Eggs- beaten-Cake.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour-Cake.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla extract-Cake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda-Cake.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt-Cake.
- It's 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil-Cake.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It's 1 stick of UNSALTED Butter (do not substitute)-Cake.
- You need 1/2 cup of Buttermilk-Cake.
- You need 1 cup of Boiling water-Cake.
- It's of Frosting.
- It's 4 tbsp of Heaping choc Cocoa-Icing.
- You need 1 1/2 stick of Butter (do not sub)-Icing.
- You need 6 tbsp of Whole milk or 3 tbsp each of whole and buttermilk-Icing.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped pecans/walnuts or candy bar (I didn't add them them this time)-Icing.
- Prepare 3 cup of Powder confectioners sugar-Icing.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla extract-Icing.
And unlike a ton of chocolate cake recipes, it's made without. A rich chocolate cake recipe that makes a delicious moist deeply chocolatey cake every time. Possibly the most chocolatey cake recipe ever. This cocoa-based cake is deeply chocolatey and incredibly moist.
Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and salt..
- In a saucepan on stove, melt together the butter, oil and cocoa. Add boiling water, stir then allow mixture to boil for a minute, then turn off heat. Pour it over your bowl of flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool..
- In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla..
- Pour buttermilk mixture into the chocolate mixture, and stir..
- Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes..
- Directions For the ICING: When cake is about 5 min from being done, start making the icing/frosting: It is important that your cake is still hot/warm when you pour the icing on it..
- Melt butter in another saucepan. Add cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir together until smooth..
- Add the pecans/nuts, stir together, and pour and spread over warm cake. Let cool for a little bit on counter..
- A pic of it sliced..
It surprises me every single time with how good it is for something so easy. This chocolate sheet cake is the size of Texas, moist beyond imagination, super rich, and chocolatey. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at So add a pound, but hold a little back, and please don't ask me how much that is, because I hate. Our Favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe.