Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon yoghurt pound cake. For the perfect tea cake, bake Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe, finished with a sweet lemon glaze, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Put the sugar and lemon zest in another bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers.
This cake is rich and moist and can be topped with fresh berries or cream. This lemon yogurt pound cake is so simple to put together, and it is truly the type of cake that you will want to make over and over again! So, I may just have the perfect cake for you to make for Mother's Day this weekend! You can have Lemon yoghurt pound cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon yoghurt pound cake
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 80 g of sugar.
- It's 40 g of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbs of lemon zest.
- It's 80 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 5 g of baking powder.
- Prepare 50 g of yoghurt.
This video is a recipe for a Easy Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake with a Lemon Glaze Icing. Lemon Yogurt Cake from Barefoot Contessa. Line the bottom with parchment paper. This Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe is a simple dessert that will feed a crowd.
Lemon yoghurt pound cake step by step
- Measure your butter and let it melt using microwave or heating in a pan. Mix with lemon juice. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl put eggs and sugar. Start to beat egg with hand mixer.
- When your egg becomes white and airy enough, stop beating.
- Add flour and baking powder while sifting and fold them gently.
- Add your butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix them some times from the bottom..
- Add yoghurt and mix roughly until just incorporated..
- When your batter ready, pour it into your tin..
- Bake in a oven for 45 minutes at 180℃ (until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean).
- It’s done!.
The crumb is tender, the cake is moist, the glaze is both sweet and tart. Serve this at your next cook out, brunch, or pot luck! I'm sitting here writing this, and am ACTIVELY trying to talk. Dress with a lemony glaze and each slice will be perfect for dessert too. Non Dairy yogurt adds a dense, moist and pound loaf texture to this cake.