Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon Lime Pound Cake.
You can have Lemon Lime Pound Cake using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Lime Pound Cake
- Prepare of For Cake:.
- It's of Cake.
- You need 3 sticks of Butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 of whole Eggs.
- You need 3 cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 1 cup of 7-up.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Zest.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Lime Zest.
- It's of glaze.
- It's 2 cups of Powdered Sugar, Sifted.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Zest, Dried For At Least 30 Minutes.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Lime Zest, Dried For At Least 30 Minutes.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Water + More As Needed.
Lemon Lime Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Combine flour and salt, then add it 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. With the mixer on low, slowly add the 7-Up until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of both lemon and lime zest and mix. Scrape the bowl and mix again..
- Thoroughly spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. Add large spoonfuls of batter until the pan is filled, then even out the surface. Bake for 1 hour 10 to 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 15 minutes. Carefully turn it out onto a cake plate and let it cool..
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and gently whisk until thick but pourable. Use a large spoon to drizzle it all over the cake. Let the glaze set, then slice and serve! Optional: Sprinkle with a little extra lemon and lime zest..