Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lemon Pound Cake.
You can cook Lemon Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- Prepare 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 80 g of sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It's 120 g of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 Tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 Tbsp of water.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Make the lemon zest first. Wash the lemon well and grate its skin. You can use the lemon juice, too, so cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Put butter and sugar into a bowl and mix together well until you get a creamy texture..
- Add the half of beaten eggs slowly into the bowl, and mix them very well. Add the rest of beaten eggs and keep mixing well..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and lightly mix together, but do not mix too much! Then pour in the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix. A powdery mixture is fine..
- Spread butter on the inside of the loaf pan or line with cooking paper. Then pour in the mixture, evenly. Push down the centre of mixture a bit and bake for 30 minutes on at 170°C/340°F and another 10 min at 160°C/320°F.
- Prepare a small bowl and add 1 Tbsp of honey and water and mix well. Once the cake is baked, spread the sauce on all the surface. And it is done!.
- Note: if you want to have a richer taste for grown-ups only, you can make the sauce with "brandy and water" instead of honey and water! It is also good to pour glaze on the cake. To make the glaze, mix castor sugar (60 g), lemon juice (1 Tbsp) and water (1 Tbsp) and pour onto the cake after it is COOLED..