Delicious, fresh and tasty.
No-Bake Carrot Cake. Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Lots of carrots make this the best carrot cake. I like to hand grate my carrots since I prefer the texture, but you can use your food processor or The method for this carrot cake recipe could not be simpler!
This vegan carrot cake is great for breakfast or as a dessert. It's vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, easy to make. This no-bake carrot cake is simple a nut-free, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo alternative to a traditional carrot cake slice. You can cook No-Bake Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of No-Bake Carrot Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded/grated carrots.
- It's 2 cups of all-purpose flour sifted.
- It's 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- It's 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of all spice.
- It's 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It's 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 100 g of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.
- It's 2 tablespoons of lemon/calamansi juice.
- It's 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
So admittedly there are several recipes of the carrot cake variety happening on this blog… and yet despite the abundance of carroty treats, I've been getting quite a few requests for. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. Especially when it comes to this carrot cake recipe.
No-Bake Carrot Cake step by step
- Prepare all the dry ingredients for the cake. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice in a bowl and mix..
- Prepare all wet ingredients in a separate bowl: brown sugar, oil, 2 tablespoons melted butter (leave about 1 tbsp to brush the inside of the pot/cooker), yogurt, vanilla extract, and mix well. Add beaten eggs slowly while mixing..
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix. Add shredded carrots and chopped walnuts..
- Brush melted butter along the insides of the rice cooker's pot. Pour batter and press cook. Once it pops to warm, wait for about 10-15 minutes and press button back to cook. One might also need to flip the cake upside down using a plate to cook the other side. Depending on how hot the cooker gets, it might take a few more presses of the cook button for the cake to be fully ready. Make sure to check with a toothpick or a fork to see if it comes out clean. Once done, put on a rack to cool..
- While the cake cools, make the cream cheese frosting. In a bowl add softened cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, half a cup of yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix well..
- Once cake has cooled down, top it with the cream cheese frosting and serve..
I know it can be a bold statement to call a recipe the best, but I truly. This raw "easy no-bake carrot cake" recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and has no added refined sugars. So you actually can indulge and not feel guilty! This carrot cake recipe is really simple and so easy to make. Layered lemon cashew cream and spiced carrot cake is a winner.