Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Steamed banana cake wrapped in banana leaves. This is a denser version of the traditional banana cake and is very easy to make. You can either steam it in a square baking tin, in individual foil cups or do it the traditional way, in banana leaves. It is usually wrapped in banana leaves before being steamed, or prepared with pandan that gives it aroma.
Banana leaves can be found in most Latin American or Southeast Asian markets - usually, they're found in the freezer section. They have a pleasant scent that smells somewhat like tea, and wrapping fish in banana leaves and steaming them imparts some of the banana leaf flavor in them. A common, naturally low-fat dessert and snack, these banana rice cakes are wrapped in banana leaves and then baked in the oven or barbecued. You can have Steamed banana cake wrapped in banana leaves using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed banana cake wrapped in banana leaves
- Prepare 5-6 of Banana Ripe.
- It's 1 cup of Jaggery.
- It's 2 cups of Rava (Semolina).
- It's 1/2 cup of Water.
- It's 1/2 cup of Fresh grated coconut.
- It's 2 tablespoon of Desi Ghee.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of Cardamom Powder.
- Prepare 5-6 of Banana leaves square shaped.
Leave to cool completely, or if you're in a hurry. Lined the base of the cake pan with baking paper and greased both the base and the sides with baking. You can use steamed banana leaves to make wrapped desserts. Banana plant rhizomes have many medicinal uses.
Steamed banana cake wrapped in banana leaves instructions
- In a blender puree the banana and set aside. Take a bowl mix banana puree and jaggery very well. Now add rava cardamom powder grated coconut. Mix everything into a dough..
- Cut banana leaf into small squares, and slightly wilt them in open flame. Then brush the banana leaves with ghee. and place small round dough in the center..
- Fold it into two then fold once again to form a wrap. Place it in a steamer and cook for 15-20minutes. or until banana leaves colour changes. Once it is cool enough to touch remove the wrapper and enjoy with hot tea. The steamed cake is ready to eat with ghee for better taste.
The addition of bananas in cakes and desserts give them a rich, moist texture and add the natural sweetness, thus reducing the need for additional, artificial. Thaw banana leaves under sink water. Use a kitchen towel to pat dry the leaves. The banana leaf packaging comes from the Rimping supermarket in Chiangmai, Thailand. A real estate company in Chiang Mai, Perfect Homes, posted photos of the The use of banana leaves to wrap food in has a long history.