Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Steamed banana cake. Steamed banana cake is one of the most incredible desserts in Vietnam. The cake is not overly sweet and topped with creamy coconut sauce. Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl and set aside.
It will smell great while steaming. Steamed Banana Cake is a type of baked item made with ripe bananas. This type of sweet cake usually served with chocolate icing, cream cheese icing or plain unfrosted. You can have Steamed banana cake using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed banana cake
- Prepare 2 pcs of banana.
- It's 2 of egg.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 gr of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 65 gr of sugar.
- It's 35 gr of melted butter.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
This steamed banana cake made in an Instant Pot® is topped with coconut sauce and sesame seeds for an easy dessert with no baking required. Her steamed banana cake was perfect-not overly sweet, soft and chewy. My Mom generously shared the recipe with much instruction. So I tried a banana steamed cake and I was very happy with the outcome as the cake was very moist and delicious.
Steamed banana cake step by step
- Separate the egg. Beat egg white and sugar until soft peak..
- Add the egg yolk into the egg white, add milk and melted butter..
- Mash the banana. add it into the mixture..
- Add the flour and pinch salt..
- Mix all together, at last put in the baking soda and mix it. Add some ground nuts if it is your wish..
- Prepare a tin/bowl. Grease it with margarin/butter..
- Pour the batter into it. Knock the tin to release some bubbles..
- Prepare a steamer and place the tin/bowl into the steamer and steam it for 15 minutes..
- Switch off the heat and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Remove it out and let it cool down before unmolding it..
- With the knife, slowly go around the rim of tin and mold the cake out..
This post is especially for persons who do not have ovens and want alternative. Well, I haven't buy a oven yet lah so I was. This steamed banana cake is soft and delicious, tastes surprisingly good, filled with banana flavour and aroma, you'll definitely give Steamed Banana Cake 蒸香蕉蛋糕. This banana-laced steamed cake has a deliciously spongy, moist texture, which is topped off with a creamy coconut sauce and crunchy toasted sesame seeds. Pour the banana mixture into the cake pan and place it into the steamer.