Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Steamed Banana Cake. Steamed banana cake is one of the most incredible desserts in Vietnam. The cake is not overly sweet and topped with creamy coconut sauce. Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl and set aside.
It will smell great while steaming. Steamed Banana Cake is a type of baked item made with ripe bananas. This type of sweet cake usually served with chocolate icing, cream cheese icing or plain unfrosted. You can cook Steamed Banana Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Banana Cake
- You need 4 pcs of mashed banana.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1.5 cups of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 5 tbsp of nuts.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of chopped chocolates.
- It's 60 ml of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
This steamed banana cake made in an Instant Pot® is topped with coconut sauce and sesame seeds for an easy dessert with no baking required. Her steamed banana cake was perfect-not overly sweet, soft and chewy. My Mom generously shared the recipe with much instruction. So I tried a banana steamed cake and I was very happy with the outcome as the cake was very moist and delicious.
Steamed Banana Cake step by step
- Mix wet ingredients (banana, eggs, oil, vanilla, butter, milk).
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolates, nuts). Mix well..
- Combine wet & dry ingredients..
- Grease mold with vegetable oil..
- Pour batter to mould..
- Put 5 pcs of whole nuts on top of the batter..
- Cover with foil..
- Steam in already boiling water for 50minutes..
- Remove from heat. Let cool and enjoy!.
This post is especially for persons who do not have ovens and want alternative. Well, I haven't buy a oven yet lah so I was. This steamed banana cake is soft and delicious, tastes surprisingly good, filled with banana flavour and aroma, you'll definitely give Steamed Banana Cake 蒸香蕉蛋糕. This banana-laced steamed cake has a deliciously spongy, moist texture, which is topped off with a creamy coconut sauce and crunchy toasted sesame seeds. Pour the banana mixture into the cake pan and place it into the steamer.