Delicious, fresh and tasty.
7up lemon pound cake. Cream sugar and butter, beat until fluffy. I have made this pound cake several times, everyone loves it. With quick and easy to follow.
This lemon pound cake is the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers. Lemon zest and lemon juice are added to the batter, which lightly perfume the cake with lemon. Drizzle over top of cooled cake before serving. You can have 7up lemon pound cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 7up lemon pound cake
- It's 2 stick of butter (softened).
- You need 1 stick of margarine (softened).
- It's 4 large of eggs (room temp).
- You need 3 cup of cake flour.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of 7-up.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar).
- It's 2 tbsp of milk (or as needed).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
It's a lemon and lime flavored pound cake covered with a wonderful, sweet glaze. The edges are perfectly crispy leading to a dense, sweet. This lemon cake is basically a regular pound cake recipe with a few additions to increase the flavor and soften the crumb. For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the all-purpose flour with bread flour to give more structure to the loaf and get a better rise.
7up lemon pound cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- in mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- add eggs one at a time, it helps to crack them in a separate bowl first.
- add flour (1 cup at a time).
- add vanilla and lemon juice.
- slowly mix in 7 up.
- bake 45 mins to an hour.
- while baking: make glaze.
- put powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl, and whisk.
The flavor is so out of control awesome and the cake itself is dense, tender and moist. The absolute BEST lemon pound cake I have ever made! This is the second time I've made it and my whole house is so fragrant from the buttery, lemony I was craving lemon pound cake and this was the PERFECT recipe! Our lemon pound cake should be baked in a tube cake pan or Bundt cake pan. The moist cake and lemony glaze are bound to make a great impression.